Architectural CAD Specialist
Our new team member will take the lead of our production team, supporting our CAD Manager, and assisting our drafting personnel. This member will help with the production of construction documents in all phases of the design process with an emphasis on construction detailing and building envelope systems. Along with CAD drafting work, the ideal candidate would have an eagerness to learn and be amenable to construction site work and exposure to the architectural practice as a whole. Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Production of Construction Documents including drawing sets and technical detail drawings.
- Creating accurate CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions, and site visits.
- Help to oversee, organize and inspect the work of draftspersons and other relevant team members working on construction projects.
- Review drawing sets for adherence to company’s graphical standards and checking sketches and drawings for errors, before being sent to, project managers, etc.
- Create, edit and update the company’s standard detail library.
- Help maintain and expand upon the company’s existing CAD Manual.
- Work with multilines, dynamic blocks, tool palettes and other drawing aids.
- 5 years experience required
- Advanced proficiently using AutoCAD software
- Competency with Revit BIM modeling
- In-depth knowledge of building design, specifications and building codes
- Spatial visualization of how materials and systems integrate with each other
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willing to seek clarity and understanding from project managers or senior staff when not 100% certain of something
- Exceptional organizational skills; update project folders and files as jobs progress
- Familiarity with building envelope and waterproofing construction materials is a plus
- Software proficiencies:
- Microsoft Office
- Bluebeam Revu
- Facility with Autodesk Revit is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, preferred
How to apply
Email only at email@example.com – no phone calls please.
Contact – Phillip Kelleher
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Cover Letter
- Technical drawing examples