Hills Plaza

The Hills Brothers Building, also referred to as the Landmark Building, was originally constructed in the mid-1920’s and renovated in 1989. The original building has a reinforced concrete frame and floor slab with an exterior brick wall finish, while the renovated addition consists of a moment resisting steel frame building with precast concrete panel cladding and aluminum frame windows. Time has weathered the exterior finishes; spalling bricks, failed mortar, and brick cracks were common problems throughout. MCA performed a complete exterior survey of the brickwork, and oversaw the repointing, replacement and application of clear sealants and brickwork during remediation.